- Highly Successful Privately Owned Organisation
- A growing company, committed to customer service, innovation and technical excellence
- A new transformational leadership role
- Timaru based
About the Company:
Industrial Controls specialises in industrial electrical automation systems, providing control solutions for industry and is based in Timaru. A growing company with a strong commitment to customer service, innovation and technical excellence, Industrial Controls has 25 years in the industry and is now one of the regions foremost providers of industrial electrical automation systems.
With a growing team of 100 staff, encompassing software engineers, industrial electricians, automation engineers, network engineers and apprentices the business is well placed to provide quality, effective solutions for industry from concept and design through to installation and commissioning, management, monitoring and maintenance. Passionate about providing an excellent service Industrial Controls has a strong and growing market across New Zealand.
About The Role:
25 years after founding the business, the owner operators are now looking to transition into governance and executive management support and are seeking their first ever Chief Executive.
This exciting new role reporting to the Board will provide transformational leadership to the organisation, overseeing the day-to-day operational functions and building on established practices to maintain ongoing engagement with the whole team, contributing to being the partner of choice for clients. Delivering on their strategy of controlled growth, you will be building capacity operationally that supports the business’s sustainability and success.
The role’s focus is to:
- Provide effective leadership and support that allows the organisation and its people to fulfil organisation potential.
- Build capacity across the organisation to support succession and sustainability.
Picking up the reins from the owner operators who have nurtured and grown the business, you will support and assist a broader separation of management and governance and maintain their small family business approach across a growing organisation.
Skills & Experience:
This role requires:
- At least 5+ years in an executive level/GM position with a proven track record in strategic and operational leadership, by executing strategy with measurable results
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience and strong evidence of an ability to create a culture of innovation, performance and empowerment; and to build effective and high performing teams
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Track record of success in leading and managing change and skills in building staff engagement and alignment with the vision and building buy-in
- Proven ability to grow a business profitably in a sustainable way
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
- High levels of EQ and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse range of staff and stakeholders
- Experience with contracts negotiation and management
- Experience reporting to a Board.
- Experience at management level in the sector or a similar sector is desirable as is a strong track record of delivery within the service industry
Industrial Controls is committed to a friendly, professional environment both within their team and towards their clients, believing a win-win relationship is best for good business. They are proud of their family business values and business model that has always been based around people before profit and an ethos that getting it right up front for their team and clients delivers business success.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 16 January 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document including a full Position Description.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org