- Broad, highly strategic, Executive Leadership role
- Commercially focused position; varied and high-profile community facilities
- Lead your team to bring a positive impact to the lives of the people of Napier
About the Role:
Our Mission │ Tā mātau koromakinga
To provide the facilities and services and the environment, leadership, encouragement, and economic opportunity to make Napier the best city in New Zealand │ Aotearoa to live, work, raise a family, and enjoy a safe and satisfying life.
It is not often that you can play an integral role in an organisation that has such a clear and aspirational Mission, but this role of Executive Director Community Services at Napier City Council will give you that opportunity. This is a broad leadership role that reports to the CEO, with your 8 direct reports managing teams totalling almost 200 staff. The portfolio of facilities that this directorate has responsibility for has a strong commercial focus allowing you to develop and implement social, cultural, tourism, and sport and recreation strategies, policies, and plans that make a positive impact on the lives of the people of Napier.
Skills & Experience:
While a background in Local Government is of interest, we are more interested in hearing about how you have, through your strategic leadership, been able to create commercially gainful opportunities for the organisation that you have worked for. We look forward to discussing your experience and skills in the following areas:
- How you have:
- built capability in your teams and strived to create a culture of high performance;
- been able to add value across a leadership team through effective collaboration and show that you have the ability to take an organisation-wide view;
- created partnerships with stakeholders that have helped to further the goals of the organisation that you work for.
- Your experience in leading teams that were responsible for delivering projects and operations, along with your experience in reform and leading change.
Your team will handle the operational aspects that come with a Directorate such as this, allowing you to focus on the strategic components of the role. With a strong purpose, and a highly engaged and motivated executive leadership team to work alongside, this is a position where your career ambitions can be realised.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 29 June 2022 at 9.00 am. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Neil Munro on +64 22 694 9620.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org