- Newly Created Executive Position
- Christchurch based family-owned business
- Bring Fresh Vision to Market-Leading Nationwide Franchise
About the Company
A classic tale of Kiwi entrepreneurship, NOVUS was introduced in New Zealand in 1978 by partners Denis and Patricia James. Now nearly 50 years on, NOVUS remains true to its co-founders’ philosophy of aiming high and continuing to invest in people, brand, and operations. With a strong reputation and expertise, NOVUS are now one of New Zealand’s leading auto glass franchises.
With the upcoming transition of brothers Tim and Mike James to a Board capacity, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to lead this successful family business which is well positioned for further growth. We are looking for someone who has the drive, vision and focus to continue to lead this business and provide strategic direction with a clear mandate to realise future opportunities and diversification.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the Board, this largely autonomous role as General Manager will provide leadership to a senior management team and a wider team of @300 in the franchise network, ensuring the business maintains its market leadership position, with a focus on optimising new technology and growing new market opportunities.
You will foster a highly engaged culture with an unwavering commitment to health, safety and regulatory compliance, ensuring quality, efficiency, service and profitability to enhance the future position, sustainability and customer satisfaction across the NOVUS franchise.
Skills & Experience
Candidates will be visionary but practical and pragmatic, with proven commercial/financial acumen and a natural affinity for leadership and relationship development, driving sales growth and leading market-centric initiatives.
Demonstrated experience leading a strongly service-based culture and growing high performing teams, will be critical to success in this role.
Whilst franchise management experience is not essential, a proven understanding of family-owned entrepreneurial business and the trade industry is key.
Ideal applicants will possess the following:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role;
- Demonstrated experience delivering profitable and sustainable business growth;
- Exceptional leadership skills and success working across stakeholder groups in a strategic and operational capacity;
- A collaborative style of leadership with proven experience shaping excellent teams;
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills;
- Strong commitment to a superior customer service ethic;
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to develop trust with business owners and franchisees.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity with a market-leading nationwide franchise focused on leading innovation and excellence in safety, quality and service.
You will be working in an environment that invests in its people, supports innovation, encourages growth and is Purpose driven: “to consistently provide the highest quality of service and products in the market”.
NOVUS is values driven and highly committed to the ongoing safety of all New Zealanders –to ensure everyone drives home safe every day.
- A brand-new executive role – opportunity to make it your own.
- Market-leading nationwide franchise.
- Innovative and growth focussed.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Highly autonomous role.
- Strong company culture.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 26th June 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse on +64 27 442 8348.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com