- Widely Respected and Successful Canterbury Based Law Firm
- Deliver Outcomes to Meet the Firm’s Vision
- Implement Strategy, Manage Operations and Lead Service Delivery
- Attractive Remuneration Package
About The Role
The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the firm, with responsibility for the management of personnel, systems, financial, technology, marketing and premises issues.
This role is the key person to oversee financial control and management of the firm, lead culture, implement strategy, manage operations and service delivery and ensure a robust business model which is effective, compliant and which enables growth.
You will be comfortable leading and effecting change, challenging and influencing where necessary to ensure the firm achieves its vision. The GM will be accountable to the partners, represented by the Managing Partner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a culture of professional and business excellence
- Manage the business, establishing and improving business systems and standard operating procedures, embracing automation and digitalisation
- Overall people leadership
- Modelling the values and inspiring the team to embrace new ways of working
- Management of the finances and accounts
- Analysis of key performance indicators with investigation and reporting on any variations to expected performance
- Employee wellbeing – fostering an enjoyable work environment across both Christchurch and Ashburton offices
- HR and Recruitment
- Management of the administration and support team (19 staff), ensuring adequate support for professional staff
- Monitoring workflows
- Operation of the firm’s trust account.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experienced Senior Leader, with prior GM experience
- Exceptional levels of commercial and financial acumen
- Strong networking and relationship building skills, along with stakeholder engagement
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and lead a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing
- Accounting and financial management skills
- A natural affinity for business performance, improvement and reporting
- Strong organisational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Confidence leading change and navigating ambiguity
- High EQ and integrity, a strong moral compass and sound judgement
- A focus on problem-solving
- Proven HR Skills
- Experience in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Strong team culture
- Lead and manage an innovative, successful, growth focused firm
- Highly autonomous role
- Grow your career and make your mark.
About the Company
White Fox & Jones is a Canterbury based law firm focused on delivering specialist, high quality and practical legal advice. They understand that delivering legal advice is not just about knowing the law. It is about knowing each of their clients and knowing what they need.
For that reason, they also pride themselves in getting to know their clients and working with them to understand what they need from their lawyer, and then they deliver it.
White Fox & Jones work for large, medium and small businesses, individuals, property owners and developers, entrepreneurs, and other professionals, including accountants and other lawyers. They are widely respected within Canterbury and nationally for the quality of the work that they do and are leaders in their particular areas of specialty.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 3 July 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please contact Andrea Bankier on +64 27 4478102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com