- Timaru Based New Executive Team Leadership Role
- Foster a Superior Safety Culture and a Proactive Risk Management Focus
Based in Timaru and employing approx. 80 staff, Alpine Energy manages South Canterbury’s electricity distribution network (connecting over 31,000 customers) as well as operating a fibre optic communications network. The company is owned by the South Canterbury community and as such, all profits go back into the community by way of dividends and local sponsorship. The Alpine Energy Group also consists of subsidiary companies, NETcon (an electrical contracting company), and Infratec (delivering renewable technology projects in New Zealand and overseas) in addition to complimentary investments in metering and technology companies - On Metering and SmartCo.
Reporting to the CEO and a key member of the executive leadership team, the Manager Safety & Risk is a new role, leading a team of 3 with responsibility for providing strategic and operational leadership in relation to the identification, mitigation and monitoring of all critical risks to the business. The role is also accountable for driving the continual improvement of a superior safety culture across the organisation and fostering a proactive risk management focus, in addition to the effective utilisation and ongoing development of the company’s safety and compliance management tools, systems and processes.
Successful candidates will have:
- Held a senior role and possess an expert understanding of safety leadership and wider business risk management, preferably gained within an electricity/manufacturing/heavy industry/energy/high consequence/large scale asset environment.
- Extensive experience of successfully developing and implementing strategy, policy and frameworks for safety and risk, and facilitating a proactive organisational culture to support this.
- Experience developing and maintaining safety and risk management systems.
- An ability to envisage and drive change, and provide engaging training in order to build the safety and risk management skill base and competence across the organisation.
- Exposure to civil defence emergency management.
- A collaborative and practical approach with strong implementation skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves when needed.
- A successful background in the development of relationships with internal operational staff and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong focus on the leadership and development of your team.
This is a great new opportunity to make an impact, helping enhance a successful business that places a high level of importance on its people, team, culture and community.
Based in an enviable lifestyle location with great schools, affordable house prices, little traffic and close proximity to the region’s outstanding beaches, ski-fields and lakes, what more could you want?
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV quoting 285026aa. Applications close on 19th January 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Nick Gee on +64 3 353 4354.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org