- Dunedin based
- A passion for girls’ education
- Leading an iconic and progressive secondary school
About The Role:
The board is seeking a passionate, visionary, and experienced principal who has the courage to lead the school into its next period of history. As a leader you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build great relationships and show powerful leadership for staff, students and the community. Our new principal will be enthusiastic, energetic, highly visible and excited about the future of girls’ education at Otago Girls’ High School.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A passion for girls’ education and an understanding of the unique role of single sex girls’ education
- Proven knowledge and experience of theoretical and practical educational leadership, in particular the management of change
- Understanding of and commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Proven collaboration and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills
- An innovative and future-focused approach
- Understanding and commitment to PB4L and Restorative Practice
- Courage and ability to implement innovative curriculum design
- Proven leadership in strong internal evaluative practices
- Understanding of the unique role of single sex girls’ education
- A commitment to inclusivity of all students (ethnicities, religion, gender diverse, socio-economic backgrounds etc)
- Energy and endurance.
This is a unique and significant opportunity to lead in an iconic and progressive secondary school.
About the School:
Otago Girls’ High School is committed to quality education for girls in a safe, caring and inclusive environment. The school has an unequalled tradition of success in educating girls with a long, proven record of academic excellence and:
- Fosters talents in music, art, public speaking and drama
- A strong sports programme including coaching for participation in top level sport
- An unrivalled variety of activities outside the classroom, with something to involve every girl.
- A large range of additional programmes to extend the able and assist those needing extra help
- All students take part in a cross curriculum thinking skills programme.
The school is large enough to offer the full range of option choices and small enough for every girl to be treated as an individual.
Otago Girls’ High School has adopted their Malaga (which means journey in Samoa), which incorporates the school vision of Inspire ~ Empower ~ Challenge~ Dream. The Malaga is underpinned by both the school’s core values of Respect (kia whakaute), Positivity (kia hihiri) and Integrity (kia pono) as defined by their Positive Behaviour for Learning framework and Restorative Practice.
Click here to view the school’s video
For more information on the school visit Otago Girls' High School
- Dunedin based
- Lead an iconic and progressive secondary school.
- Continue to grow your educational leadership career in a beautiful part of Aotearoa.
Dunedin’s is a compact city, celebrating its heritage and enjoying nature at its back door - incredible wildlife, striking landscapes, a stunning harbour and beaches. It’s the perfect backdrop to enjoy a variety of recreational activities – water sports, bush walks, golf, mountain biking.
With education at its heart - the University of Otago, an innovative polytechnic and dynamic technology sectors - Dunedin is a vibrant and forward-looking city.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in the role and discuss the application process, please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102 or email at email@example.com .
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document, including a full Position Description.
Applications close on 19 October 2021.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org