- Work as One Team
- Senior Leadership Opportunity, actively make a meaningful difference
- Play your part in making a positive impact on the lives of others who need it the most
The Christchurch City Mission - We’re Here for You Christchurch
The work of the Christchurch City Mission Te Whare Mihana Ki Ōtautahi needs little introduction.
Launched in 1929, the Mission, a Division of Anglican Care, helps anyone with needs, regardless of circumstances, taking on the hardest cases with love and optimism. It improves the lives of 60,000 people a year through a wide range of services, providing emergency care and much more. Through education and training, they help struggling people re-join society and gain the self-esteem and happiness that comes from work, independence and permanent housing, believing everyone should have the opportunity of a second chance.
The Mission is constantly growing, providing a range of essential services, and the current redevelopment of its Hereford Street site will transform how they help people get back on track with their lives after crisis care.
The Mission values working as one team, embracing diversity and culture and encouraging you to be amazing, genuine and curious. No matter your position, everyone pitches in whenever and wherever.
Visit www.citymission.org.nz to learn more about the range of services the Mission provides.
About The Role:
Reporting to the City Missioner, the HR Manager plays a central role within the City Mission’s Senior Leadership Team. Working both strategically and operationally across all levels of the organisation, this position is one of influence and responsibility for advising and supporting leaders and team members, ensuring a skilled, well and productive workforce. The Mission currently employs 138 staff and engages a little over 300 volunteers.
The position will be focussed on:
- Supporting the growth and development of the City Mission’s team culture
- Partnering with the City Mission’s leaders to provide sound employment relations leadership, support and advice
- Leading people-focussed projects that result in positive culture, growth and continuous improvement
- Oversee health, safety and wellbeing at the City Mission
- Understand, respect and uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ensuring this is evident in the HR policies and projects.
Skills & Experience:
This role requires:
- A passionate and experienced HR professional
- A tertiary qualification in HR, business management or significant equivalent working experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Senior HR generalist role
- A consultative leadership style
- The ability to impact and influence at all levels of the organisation
- A commitment to partnering within the business to achieve the best possible strategic and operational HR outcomes
- A highly effective team player, respectful of others, and genuinely valuing difference
- A critical thinker with initiative, who is pragmatic and highly organised
- A drive to deliver exceptional HR solutions
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Ability to connect heart and mind, committed to serving the community, with a heart for people.
- HR Leadership role in a high profile and respected Not for Profit organisation
- Opportunity to work to make a real difference and serve your community
- Care, advocate for and help others
- A role that balances an operational and strategic focus – contribute to and influence all parts of the organisation.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 21 November 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document including a full Position Description.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com