Portfolio Leader, Trees to High-Value Wood Products
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the environment, society, and the economy? This is an exceptional opportunity to lead a portfolio of projects aiming to unlock the potential of diverse exotic forests.
Scion is an impact-driven organisation focused on delivering positive environmental, social, and economic outcomes for New Zealand. We do this through science, research, and innovation for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials sector.
As Portfolio Leader, you will play a pivotal role in providing strategic and tactical guidance for the 'Trees to High-Value Wood Products' Portfolio. You will collaborate with a dynamic team to harness the capabilities of diverse exotic forests to deliver low carbon built environments.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about translating research and development into real value within the wood processing and products sectors. To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A background in leading scientific research and innovation.
- Leadership experience with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of funding systems, commercial entities, and the political landscape.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with end-users.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and achieving results.