- Transformational Change Journey
- Drive Exceptional Learner Experience
Nau mai, haere atu ēnei kupu whakamihi, whakatau hoki i te ara whakakotahi i ngā kaupapa whai pūkenga mō Aotearoa whānui tonu. Ahakoa ngā whakamātautau nui o te wā, kei te kōkiri whakamua. Nā reira ka hura i uta kia tere mai te tai o whakaaro ki te manawa o te kaupapa hou nei. Kua kīia ai māna te Māori e hiki, māna ngā iwi e hāpai ki ōna taumata anō hei oranga mō rātou, hei painga mō tātou, mō Aotearoa. Tēnei te ako, tēnei te tauira, tēnei te ara, tēnei te ahu, ka whakairihia ki te pae o whiti, maranga mai, he ora!
The New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (NZIST) is the new entity responsible for ensuring equity and excellence for all New Zealanders in the area of vocational education. Its key functions include; improving outcomes for Māori and Māori communities in collaboration with Māori and iwi partners and stakeholders; improving the consistency of vocational education and training; meeting the needs of the regions of New Zealand and their learners, industries, employers and communities; ensuring that every learner receives what they need to be successful, and to improve outcomes in the tertiary education system as a whole.
This is a senior role, reporting directly to the CEO with a particular focus on students and student experience, ensuring and maintaining an environment of high-quality learner engagement.
This role will have specific responsibility for:
- Ongoing development and management of the learner experience so that learners can move easily between training in a classroom and training in a workplace, as well as across different campuses.
- Ensuring that all learners have strong learning and pastoral support (including student accomodation) whether they are studying on or off the job with a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Supporting the development of international education strategies that raise the standard of and provide high quality learning opportunities in a safe and caring country for international students to study, live and work.
- Developing system level thinking on student/learner potential with a focus on parity of achievement and outcomes for Maori and Pasifikia learning.
- Being the business owner and lead for student management systems, student support, accommodation and international and domestic pastoral care codes.
Candidates of interest will have an advanced level tertiary qualification and possess significant experience supporting or leading large-scale organisational transformation. Prior experience in a senior management role in the educational sector with an emphasis on and empathy for the overall student experience is essential. As a future focussed thought leader, you will also have a demonstrated record of empowering leadership, effective and highly developed strategic management skills within the tertiary sector coupled with exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage across multiple stakeholder groups.
This represents a rare and exciting leadership opportunity in the growth and direction of vocational education in Aotearoa.
NZIST is open to a distributed leadership model, so please specify your preferred location of work in your cover letter.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 31st May 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
Click here to view the Position Descrption.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org