- Group Level Senior Leadership Position, across 7 locations
- Preferable Location Invercargill, Flexible to Christchurch
- Frequent travel to other plants may be required
- Experienced Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
- Drive Manufacturing Excellence
About The Role:
This is a critical role in Alliance Group Ltd to lead the development of safe operating process and setup in relation to the use of Hazardous Substances while following Major Hazard Facility guidelines from WorkSafe NZ.
In the interim the role will report to the Lorneville Plant Manager. The role will transition to a group role to work closely with Plant Managers, Engineering and Maintenance Leadership teams across NZ to lower the risk and improve safety at Alliance Group Ltd (AGL) related to hazardous substances. Key accountabilities include:
- Provision of expert advice with maintenance and engineering processes to improve asset reliability and maintainability across the group
- Implementation of strategic asset Hazardous Substances management policy and programmes to manage the assets through the lifecycle
- Lead the review and remediation program for Ammonia assets and their systems and infrastructure, ensuring compliance with legislation; Responsibility for the entire ammonia network across 7 Plants, with the initial focus to be at Lorneville plant.
- Liaise closely with Worksafe ensuring safety critical elements for a Major Hazard Facility are in place
- Leadership of major projects and input into the group capex programmes related to ammonia system upgrades, enhancing operational excellence and the move to automation.
If you’d like to be a part of creating an environment where the Plant maintenance teams are positively engaged in operational excellence, you’ll fit right in here. Not only do AGL strive to produce the best quality products for New Zealand’s market, they’re also a global brand with ongoing projects to keep them moving onwards and upwards.
Skills & Experience:
You will be a qualified mechanical/electrical/refrigeration engineer with engineering/plant maintenance experience in a manufacturing industry, preferably in food manufacturing. Experience working in an older manufacturing environment enhancing modernisation is advantageous. Ideally you will have;
- Proven relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels, from Plant level through to senior management
- A strong understanding of legislative requirements for pressure vessels, piping and infrastructure and ammonia systems ( ≥ 40,000 tonnes)
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial maintenance functions and their relationship to manufacturing processes
- Experience in the development of asset management strategy and the application of asset management practices and processes, condition monitoring programmes, day to day maintenance planning requirements and preventative maintenance systems. This is to put a maintainable system in place, in line with WorkSafe guidelines for a MHF site, for the Safety Critical Elements and other Process Controls for the storage and process usage of hazardous substances onsite.
- Proven Project Management expertise
- Experience working with Worksafe. Experience to work in a MHF site is preferable but not essential.
With the ongoing commitment towards health and safety, you’ll undergo a pre-employment drug test that will form part of your application. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Promoting and demonstrating the Alliance Values is a key part of the role.
- Care: We care for each other’s safety and wellbeing.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and performance.
- Communication: We value each other by being open and direct.
- Team: We work together as one cooperative.
- Initiative: We take initiative to find solutions.
- Courage: We have the courage to change and make a difference.
- 100% New Zealand farmer owned co-operative
- Strong family focussed culture in Southland
- Large company with over 3000 staff, opportunities for promotion
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Great opportunity to develop career in Process Safety, Engineering and Project Management
About the Company:
Alliance Group is proud to be a leading food and solutions company. They have been supplying New Zealand’s finest grass-fed lamb, beef, and venison for more than 70 years; their food is enjoyed in more than 65 countries around the world. As a 100% New Zealand farmer owned red meat co-operative, their aim is to maximise returns to the committed farmer shareholders and support them to operate profitable and sustainable farms. To do that they need talented people who want to make a difference to the agricultural sector to join the Alliance team. They are a business employer that is committed to making a difference for families and communities and supporting people to build rewarding careers.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 31 October 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org