- Outstanding lifestyle location
• Expert advisory opportunity
• Be part of the Transformation journey
About The Role
Reporting to the Group Manager Strategy, Policy & Corporate Support, this role will play a pivotal role in ensuring Grey District Council’s statutory financial obligations are met and in providing expert advice on the financial and risk functions.
The role will have responsibility for ensuring financial requirements are met and that the organisation has a robust enterprise risk framework in place. At this point this role will not have direct reports, however this may change as the Grey District Council works through the next phase of its transformation journey.
This position will:
- Oversee all the activities of the accounting, planning, reporting, revenue and finance functions for the council.
- Provide Council and management with all financial reports, budgets and analysis as required.
- Develop Council’s accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure internal financial controls and overall risk management programs are in place.
- Manage all external relationships with financial organisations, consultants, contractors & regulatory bodies.
Skills, Experience & Attributes sought
Preferred candidates will have:
• CA Registration.
• A Relevant Tertiary Qualification.
• At least 8 year’s experience in a similar role.
• Prior experience working in a local government environment.
• Working knowledge of the Local Government Act and other relevant legislation.
• Well-developed communication skills and sound professional judgement.
• Commercial acumen.
• Political acumen with an ability to influence senior stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Provide outstanding customer service to the Grey District Community.
• Well remunerated position.
• Lifestyle location – nature on your doorstep.
About the Council
The Grey District is the gateway to the South Island’s West Coast, where the sea meets the mountains and the lakes are only a moment away. It is bounded by the Punakaiki River to the north, Craigeburn to the east and follows the Taramakau River to the Tasman Sea. It includes the popular tourist resort of Moana at Lake Brunner. The area of the Grey District is 3,513 square kilometres.
The Grey District is the Heart of the West Coast and is rich in history and character. Key industries are health care and social assistance, retail, construction, education, manufacturing and services industries.
The Council’s mission is: “We are one exceptional team, providing outstanding customer service to our community, Grey District”.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse on +64 27 442 8348.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org