- Lead this exciting business into a bright future
- Drive growth & build export markets
- Work life balance in sunny Nelson
About The Role
Mountain Valley Honey has grown from a true family business and now has purpose-built premises in Spring Grove. The Company has demonstrated good sales in New Zealand and is now looking for the right person to take the business forward and expand sales significantly, both domestically and globally. We have an incredible opportunity for a new General Manager to lead the expansion of this growth-focussed business to the next level. Reporting directly to the Chair, you will be focused on:
- Developing and executing the sales and marketing strategy, focussing on export growth
- Global expansion with growth of brand & customer base across new markets
- Ensuring robust systems & processes are in place, shoring up enterprise resilience for growth
- Leadership and building a positive team environment, with a focus on development
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative, regulatory and logistics for export markets.
If you are someone who can see the huge opportunity this company represents and is prepared to roll up your sleeves and make your mark – then you’re what we’re looking for! This a unique opportunity to really make a difference for the company, the environment, their whānau and community.
Skills & Experience
A great fit to the MVH values and a good sense of humour is critical, so it’s important you walk the talk when it comes to sustainable practices, along with a passion for New Zealand Inc and the food we produce for the world. You will be authentic, pragmatic and hands-on, with a track record of finding new markets offshore, growing export sales and adding value across all aspects of the operation.
You will have:
- Leadership experience & proven ability in building a positive culture with your team
- Incredible communication skills, known as a networker, relationship builder and team player
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing and sales strategy
- Experience with food exporting as well as an understanding of the New Zealand market
- Sound commercial acumen
- Cultural awareness of te ao Māori.
You don’t need to be a honey expert! You just need to have the energy and willingness to pitch-in and learn. Training and a full hand-over will be provided by the owners.
- Lifestyle opportunity in sunny Nelson
- 100% Kiwi owned business
- High quality product with a great story and good reputation
- Close knit and dedicated team
- Possibility of accommodation available
- MVH product and people are as real as it gets. An amazing small team of real good sorts.
About the Company
At Mountain Valley Honey it’s the little things that count. That’s why they make sure their bees are happy and healthy all year round. They go to great lengths to find the very best locations for their bees to forage – from high in the mountains and deep in valleys of remote native forests, right across the top of the South Island. And, to honour the bees and their hard work, they keep the honey just as they intended – raw, unpasteurised & uncreamed. Nothing added, nothing taken away.
Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō Investments Ltd (NAIL) is ultimately owned by Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō Trust and holds the commercial proceeds from the iwi’s Treaty settlement with the Crown. Each year, NAIL makes a donation to the Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō Charitable Trust to support the iwi's operations and aspirations. NAIL is a majority shareholder of Mountain Valley Honey.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 31 July 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com