- Dannevirke location
- Member of the management team
- Great opportunity to get into a well-respected company
- Busy manufacturing site
About The Role:
The Dannevirke Plant processes approximately 40 tonnes of quality meat daily and due to an internal promotion, we have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join our Dannevirke Plant.
As a key member of the management team, the Health and Safety Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for implementing the health and safety (H&S) systems, providing expert H&S advice and coaching. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate H&S professional to bring a fresh set of eyes, ensuring H&S strategies and systems are fully communicated and implemented, driving continual improvement and “best practice”.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and expertise across the full range of the H&S and wellbeing portfolio
- Leading improvement in health and safety performance, role modelling a high level of leadership
- Working collaboratively with the management team to reach operational goals
- Consistently meeting KPI’s, including audit completion rates and incident investigation completion
- Developing and implementing a risk management programme
If you’d like to be a part of creating an environment where the Plant teams are positively engaged in operational excellence, you’ll fit right in here. Not only do AGL strive to produce the best quality products for New Zealand’s market, they’re also a global brand with ongoing projects to keep them moving onwards and upwards.
Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years specialist experience, a passion for H&S and proven experience at senior level
- Experience working in busy environments, preferably manufacturing (meat sector not necessary)
- Essential is a relevant qualification in H&S, with a good understanding of NZ legislation
- A track record of working collaboratively, gaining buy-in and achieving targets
- Proven experience working across audits, incident investigation, safety action plans and ACC injury management
- A high level of verbal and written communication with strong leadership and coaching abilities
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
With the ongoing commitment towards health and safety, you’ll undergo a pre-employment drug test that will form part of your application. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Promoting and demonstrating the Alliance Values is a key part of the role.
- Care: We care for each other’s safety and wellbeing.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and performance.
- Communication: We value each other by being open and direct.
- Team: We work together as one cooperative.
- Initiative: We take initiative to find solutions.
- Courage: We have the courage to change and make a difference.
- 100% New Zealand farmer owned co-operative
- Strong family focussed culture
- Large company with over 3000 staff, opportunities for promotion
- Excellent professional development opportunities
About the Company:
Alliance Group is proud to be a leading food and solutions company. They have been supplying New Zealand’s finest grass-fed lamb, beef, and venison for more than 70 years; their food is enjoyed in more than 65 countries around the world. As a 100% New Zealand farmer owned red meat co-operative, their aim is to maximise returns to the committed farmer shareholders and support them to operate profitable and sustainable farms. To do that they need talented people who want to make a difference to the agricultural sector to join the Alliance team. They are a business employer that is committed to making a difference for families and communities and supporting people to build rewarding careers.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 24 October 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 03 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org