- High Profile Senior Role Leading Transformational Change
- Key Member of the Southern Regional Leadership Team
- Dunedin Based
About The Role
This is an exciting, Dunedin based opportunity for an experienced leader of leaders to deliver nationally consistent services across Courts and Tribunals in the Otago-South Canterbury area. The Manager Justice Services (MJS) reports to the Regional Manager Southern leading the registry team and working collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver modern, people-centred justice services at Dunedin High/District Court, Timaru High/District Court and the Oamaru Hearing Centre.
This is a senior public sector leadership role, and it is an exciting time to join Te Tāhū o Te Ture as they make transformational changes to improve the experience for participants such as victims and whānau, ensuring services reflect the communities they serve. A key priority will be implementing the Chief District Court Judge’s vision for the District Court, Te Ao Mārama.
This is a significant operational leadership and delivery role where standardisation, consistency and accountability are underpinned by the values of respect, integrity, service and excellence. Based at the historic Dunedin Courthouse, this position will involve travel to provide visible leadership of both Dunedin and Timaru teams, working collaboratively with your colleagues across the wider region.
Skills & Experience
Candidates of interest will be skilled in leading complex and multi-disciplined functions in a structured environment, particularly with demonstrated success leading operational and cultural change, together with process improvement in a service delivery environment.
Essential to success is your experience working in a collaborative and dynamic environment coupled with a high degree of personal resilience and agility in response to changing priorities. A collaborative working relationship with local and visiting judiciary will be a critical success factor.
- Have a strong track record of building and maintaining relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Be experienced leading a high-performance culture through authentic leadership, coaching for results, and working successfully through others to achieve results.
- Enjoy building relationships and networks with community services, iwi, and the public.
- Ideally have experience in a senior public sector role or related community service organisation.
Justice is the foundation of any democratic society and New Zealand has one of the most trusted public services in the world. At the Ministry of Justice, they work as one team to provide a great service to the public every day. Their team of over 4,000 people is working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
With a wide range of jobs, you also get the chance to gain a variety of skills and experience while developing your career. Being such a large and diverse organisation, they offer great career challenges, roles and opportunities. At the Ministry, they want this to be a place where you can be trusted, involved, supported, yourself and healthy & safe.
- 22 days holiday leave
- extended parental leave
- online professional development portal
- discount on private health care
- contribution to prescriptions for glasses
- flexible work hours where possible
- enhanced sick leave arrangements
- free influenza vaccinations
- free, confidential counselling services.
Their values: RISE
Respect: We value others and their contributions
Integrity: We are honest and open
Service: We deliver results
Excellence: We focus on quality
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 30 January 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org