- Oamaru Based
- Delivering Excellence
- Growth Focus
About The Company:
Whitestone Contracting is 100% owned by Waitaki District Council and has built a strong business in South Canterbury, Otago and Southland.
Whitestone Contracting is focussed on being an ‘Excellent Tier 2 Contractor’ delivering with Pride and Care. This involves operating above the line, that is, being accountable and taking ownership of projects. This drive begins from the minute a project is brought to the table, until long after when the result becomes legacy.
Employing 120 staff over the past 30 years the team has worked to create a reputation of quality, innovation and respect within the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic construction leader to make your mark on the lower South Island construction sector.
As the Chief Executive Officer, you will be a strong and passionate leader, with the ability to motivate and inspire the team. You will be responsible for continuing to foster a high performing and collaborative team culture whilst promoting safety leadership at all times.
You will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills, with proven success in influencing, and negotiating. You will play an integral role in developing new business for the region.
- Provide leadership and direction to the full business.
- People development and succession planning.
- Safety leadership.
- Full overview of the operations with the ability to quickly analyse and react to different dynamics.
- Strong financial understanding with full P & L responsibility for a circa $25m construction business.
- Oversee performance of all projects.
- Business growth.
- Client/Stakeholder Management.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience in people management, financial management, horizontal construction technical expertise (BE Civil or similar) with a strong safety culture, coupled with (ideally) NZ Civil Contracting experience.
- Strong safety leadership.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- A strong understanding and proven experience with a range of delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 6 February 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse on +64 27 442 8348.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com