- Do you love story telling and developing innovative marketing and communications solutions?
- Are you passionate about making a real difference and serving your community?
- Christchurch Airport Location
About The Role:
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all marketing and communication strategies for the two trusts – Canterbury West Coast Air Rescue Trust (CWCART) and New Zealand Flying Doctors Trust (NZFDT).
The role will oversee the development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing campaigns that will raise the profile of both trusts amongst key external audiences in order to generate income.
With a target income per annum of $9 million between CWCART and the NZFDT, income generation is the primary purpose of the trusts. This is a core role to support income delivery.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will:
- Develop marketing and communication strategies that cover the full mix of communication and marketing tools, including media and public relations, brand marketing, advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media and production of materials.
- Lead the implementation of all marketing activity.
You will be our patient’s voice, tell compelling stories about what we do and play an integral role in PR, content creation and fundraising.
Responsibilities – for both Trusts:
We are seeking an experienced and customer focussed Marketing and Communications Manager, with strong planning, analytical skills and creative flair, to work alongside the CEO and CWCART team. It's important you're someone who still likes to get stuck in on the day to day, running campaigns and helping the team out where needed.
- Develop and deliver marketing and communication strategies including the annual activity plan.
- Manage websites ensuring optimisation of content and donations.
- Maintain positive working relationships with agency, contract, sponsor and media partners.
- Oversee the development of all campaign activity ensuring consistency of key messages and lead content development across all channels.
- Oversee the content plan for e-comms, social media and website.
- Grow monthly giving supporter database.
- Work with external partners on fundraising initiatives/events to optimize performance.
- Provide regular information and reports to the CEO and Board of Trustees as required.
- Provide competitor analysis and measure and produce ROI reports on activities.
This role is perfect for someone who is versatile and keen to be actively involved across a broad range of marketing areas. You will be a pivotal contributor to our team.
Skills & Experience
- Bring demonstrated experience and success in developing and implementing effective marketing campaigns across all platforms which have resulted in raising revenue.
- Minimum five years’ marketing/communications experience.
- Experience building brands and working with agencies/external contractors a must.
- Proven experience curating campaigns, including content creation and press releases.
- Able to multitask whilst ensuring accuracy.
- An eye for design and detail.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport.
- Excellent time management/organisational skills and deadline focused.
- A creative and strategic thinker who can bring fresh and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – a natural story-teller able to write rich persuasive content.
- Understand the importance of analytics and be able to assess campaign and ROI results.
- Solid computer skills, literacy across Word, Excel, PowerPoint and in-design with an aptitude for picking up programmes.
- Make a real difference for your community.
- CWCART offers a flexible, engaging work environment.
- With a strong team culture and our purpose at the heart of everything we do, this is an exceptionally rewarding place to work.
About the Organisations
Canterbury West Coast Air Rescue Trust (CWART) Vision:
Across the vast and rugged Canterbury/West Coast region, people can live their lives to the full assured that if they have a serious accident or medical emergency, Air Rescue will be there night and day, free of charge to look after them and their families.
New Zealand Flying Doctor Trust (NZFDT) Vision:
When time is of the essence and distance is an issue, the New Zealand Flying Doctor Service is the only option for many patients – 24/7; this flying intensive care unit gives patients a seamless level of care from bed to bed – they are in the safest of hands.
Our joint mission is to empower communities to join us in striving to raise funds to enable the Air Rescue and Air Ambulance Services to save lives now and for future generations.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 2 May 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)274 478 102.
To apply use application form or email email@example.com