- Two new positions, Auckland based
- Reporting directly to the CEO, as members of the Senior Leadership Team
- High-performing strategic sales leaders
- Companywide focus on sustainability
About The Roles:
A new CEO and the development of a new strategic plan has provided greater clarity around future direction, with a focus on driving category sales through dedicated account management, R&D and science-based NPD.
Recent changes in the sales structure will provide customers with two dedicated National Account Managers, each focused on building upon the strong customer relationships already in place. These National Account Managers will be members of the Senior Leadership Team.
The National Account Manager (Woolworths and B2B) is responsible for servicing Woolworths and other customers. The Sales Support Manager reports to this role.
The National Account Manager (Foodstuffs) will be responsible for servicing Foodstuffs South Island and Foodstuffs North Island. This role is responsible for managing the three Territory Managers in the North Island.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales Leadership to develop and execute sales strategies and tactics, delivering market share, distribution penetration, volume, revenue, and margin objectives
- Managing sales budgets and performance metrics to deliver strategy and EBDITA targets
- Contribute as a member of the Senior Leadership Team on business and strategic priorities.
- Providing inspirational leadership to the team ensuring delivery of sales priorities, alignment with sales plans, call routes and cycles, competitor monitoring, in-store presence and service, relationship management, training, and development
- Proactively building credible and beneficial networks to leverage opportunities as they arise, developing multiple level customer relationships
- S&OP, distribution/logistics, CRM, data analytics and insights, and sales reporting.
Skills & Experience:
Applicants of interest will have extensive sales management experience ideally managing key or national grocery (or FMCG) accounts. The National Account Manager Foodstuffs, will be able to demonstrate how they have successfully led, motivated and developed a high performing field sales force. The National Account Manager (Woolworths and B2B) will have strong analytical skills and ideally exposure to distribution/logistics. Both National Account Managers will:
- Be operating at a senior level with well-developed commercial acumen
- Have a demonstrated record of leading profitable growth
- Have a business improvement focus and involvement in continuous improvement initiatives – brings a creator mindset to lead the way.
- Demonstrates a genuine and down to earth approach, brings their best every day and works collaboratively with colleagues, ensuring a strong fit to this organisation
- Have a willingness to work closely with the Operations Team in collaborative, positive manner
- Have exceptional customer relationship management skills, ideally with existing networks in this sector.
This represents a great opportunity to lead the new strategic direction and help build a high-performance culture - ensuring a focus on delivering exceptional sales performance and customer relationships, working with fresh mushrooms full of natural goodness in a supportive and well-respected market-leading organisation.
Regular travel will be required between Auckland and Christchurch (expected a minimum of 5 workings days per month). Competitive remuneration package on offer.
About the Company:
A classic tale of Kiwi entrepreneurship, Meadow Mushrooms was started in New Zealand in 1970 by friends Philip Burdon and Roger Giles. Now 50 years on, Meadow Mushrooms remains true to its co-founders’ philosophy of aiming high and continuing to invest in people, brand and operations. With a strong reputation and expertise, Meadow Mushrooms are New Zealand’s leading mushroom producer, utilising their state of the art technology and facilities. With a team of nearly 500 people across five sites, they deliver over 9 million mushrooms every week to supermarkets, fruit & vege stores and food service wholesalers & distributors, right across the country. Meadow Mushrooms are on ambitious sustainability journey, working with a naturally healthy and nutritious, New Zealand grown food. With the new strategic direction, Meadow Mushrooms is set for further growth and transformation.
We are a family-owned, entrepreneurial business that applied a pioneering spirit of courage and determination to establish the leading business, we enjoy today. As specialists in growing and sharing mushroom goodness, we are passionate about leading the way. We are committed to creating innovative ways of working, that care for our customers, communities, and environment. We bring our best every day and continue to raise the bar. Our customers and consumers benefit from the value our expertise provides. We thrive together by listening, being courageous, learning, challenging, and supporting each other.
- creators that lead the way
- specialists that bring our best
- a community that’s in it together
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 1 May 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org