- Supporting a highly respected Specialist Practice
- Delivering Strategy, Service Excellence and Operational Efficiency
- Central Christchurch based Leadership role
About The Role
The General Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of Southern Eye Specialists; responsible for the overall management and leadership of the practice and taking overall accountability for the effective and efficient running of the business.
As General Manager, you will report to the Chair and Board of Directors. The role includes overseeing strategy, organisation performance, people and culture, marketing, operations, IT systems, facility and property management, business development, external stakeholder engagement, contract negotiation and management, and high-level HR.
You will support the practice to achieve new levels of professionalism and performance, making the business even greater, and a place where people matter. Leading a committed team, you will be supported by a CFO and Operations Manager.
Skills & Experience
This GM role will suit a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who will work with the Partners and staff in a collaborative and collegial way for the benefit of the Partners, practice and patients alike.
You will be:
- A leader driven to achieve results and with a track record of success in effective execution of a strategy
- A people person; warm, caring and engaging
- Skilled in stakeholder engagement, developing sustainable and valuable working relationships
- A champion of the ‘quality cause’, setting directions, defining standards and values and embedding continuous improvement
- Highly professional, with a strong moral compass, integrity, accuracy and honesty.
You will have:
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Demonstrated people management and leadership experience, with a track record of success leading a performance-based culture
- Sound judgement and ability to handle complexity, with tenacity
- Business development experience, including developing marketing strategies
- Experience leading projects to support business success, including systems and technology
- Ideally, experience in a professional services environment, with knowledge and experience in the health sector an advantage
- Preferably, a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Leading a passionate and committed team, in a growing and successful business.
- Amazing location in central Christchurch in a brand new, purpose built facility.
- Delivering specialist services and making a difference in people’s lives.
About the Company
Southern Eye Specialists, is a growing specialist medical practice that provides specialist eye services using some of the country’s most cutting-edge equipment. It is a company where people and patients are at its heart, priding themselves on quality, excellence and expertise.
Established by some of the country’s most experienced eye specialists, SES boasts a team of professionals with extensive knowledge gained from all corners of the globe. Their team of Ophthalmologists all hold the qualification of Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO). Each of their specialists has overseas clinical experience and training in sub-specialities, ensuring they have a trained professional for every eye condition.
The highly skilled support staff include registered nurses and technicians with specific qualifications in the field of eye care, and friendly and efficient administrative and support staff always willing to go the extra mile.
Using some of the country’s most cutting-edge equipment, and purpose-built facilities to rival that of major hospitals, Southern Eye Specialists pride themselves on delivering exceptional eye care services in an environment which is warm, inviting and caring.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 10 July 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0)27 4478 102.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org